Dataflex Reports v6.0 Release Candidate
DataFlex Reports 6.0 supports over 70 different types of symbologies (type of barcodes) both onedimensional and two-dimensional (stacked) symbols are available. Fields (like database fields, functions or parameter fields and text objects) can be converted to a barcode with a simple mouse click and can be exported to PDF, RTF, HTML or image.
Version 6 of DataFlex Reports contains many performance improvements to optimize the report generation process. A function pre-compiler has been added which makes reports with lots of functions run up to 10(!) times faster; the performance of summaries (both summary fields and the Sum() function) has also dramatically improved. Additional changes have been made to the layout engine to streamline the report generation.
Functions and function editor
A new case statement has been added to version 6 of DataFlex Reports. The case statement supports comma separated lists of values and does not allow fall-through to occur. Case statements can be nested. In addition to the case statement, whenever a function error occurs, the function editor is opened and the symbol which caused the error is highlighted. Selected text can now be commented and uncommented using the Ctrl+K,C and Ctrl+K,U keys or toolbar buttons. Additionally line comments can be toggled using the Ctrl+/ key.
A new built-in function SQL() has been added to DataFlex Reports 6.0 which allows you to execute SQL statements directly (also known as SQL expressions). This function is only available for ODBC datasources and is a powerful addition to report developers. However, only a single value can be returned from a SQL() function.
Changes between Beta II and Release Candidate
- HDE 4752 https://support.dataaccess.com/Forums/showthread.php?60524-Arrange-Object-spacing-possible-YAFR
- Exporting reports with charts in HTML and PDF draws the chart upside down
- Chart legend marker ‘width’ and ‘height’ values were swapped
- Fixed Barcode error messages
- Fixed ‘invalid data type’ errors in copy/paste of subreports
- Fixed problem with adding existing report as a subreport changing tab names in the Studio
- Fixed problem with PDF passwords no longer working
- HDE 4686 Paint problem with current selection of combo box
- HDE 4762 First row on every page of Excel export is empty when using ‘Data only’ export
- HDE 4764 Error opening Excel 2007 export file
- Fixed problem with varchar(max) fields in ODBC being converted to ‘string’ fields instead of ‘memo’ fields
- Fixed problem with summaries on functions not working properly
- ‘One or more table mismatches’ error in check database when using tables from multiple schemas
- Changing the label size did not change the size of the details section
- Fixed errors hen using some of the Barcode constants (constants with dash symbols)
- Images on RDS are now 1 inch by 1 inch by default if no image sample is available
- Fixed problems with copying/pasting objects between reports based on different data sources
- Fixed error messages when copying/pasting from the report explorer